Any helpful resources we find will go here. If you’ve got one, let us know and we can add it!
Glossaries of Brewing Terms
Basic Brewing Information
- How to Brew – By John Palmer
- Basic homebrewing theory
- Mead in three weekends
- Basic early medieval brewing
Members Brewing Blogs
Articles / Newsletters
- The Egg Test for Period Brewers – Rohesia Le Sarjent. Research on the use of eggs as hydrometers in medieval mead recipes.
- A taxing double standard – an article on the history and current state of wine taxes in Australia – what the WET is for why it was introduced etc. Only applies to you if you commercially produce wine in Australia
- Writing Documentation - By Jane of Stockton. While the Guild is not about paper work, sometimes a member may want to enter a competition or explain what they have done to other people. This article by Jane unpacks the process.
Primary Sources, References and Bibliography
- The Closet of Sir Kenelm Digby Knight Opened
by Kenelm Digby (Gutenberg project)
SCA Brewing Guilds, Groups and sites
- Medieval/Renaissance Brewing Homepage, many many links to other resources
Other Groups and commmunities
Non-SCA Blogs and Articles
- Shut up about Barclay Perkins – Blog by beer historian Ron Pattinson
- Zythophile – Blog by journalist, author and beer historian Martyn Cornell